Are you searching for the advanced technical SEO checklist, audit, techniques, or factors you can use to enhance the visibility of your web pages in search engine results pages? If yes, Digital Rain is the best place for you.
Technical SEO mainly refers to the techniques or factors we use to optimize the crawling, indexing, and user-experience phase of a website or blog to rank higher in the search engines in 2020.
The technical SEO checklist is one of the most significant processes for the search engine optimization campaign. You have to perform this audit for a single time to fix crawling, user-interface, user-experience, and page speed.
This audit called technical because in this audit you don't have to play with actual content hosted on your blog or website, you just have to improve the user-interface, navigation, speed, and crawling phase of the website.
We request you to read the entire article carefully to learn everything about advanced technical SEO audit factors, checklist, and techniques to get better search results in the search engines.
If you are an SEO beginner or digital marketing intern, we request you to read our article on the best on-page SEO techniques 2020, the best off-page SEO techniques 2020, and the best on-page SEO checklist 2020 to know everything about search engine optimization.
What is SEO?
SEO is commonly known as search engine optimization. It's one of the most important parts of digital marketing in which a digital marketer focuses on the search engines to rank their web pages higher and to boost organic traffic to his web pages.
What is Technical SEO?
Technical SEO refers to the checklist or audit we perform to enhance the crawling, indexing, and user-interface of a website or blog. This is one of the most important parts of search engine optimization to help search engines to crawl a website correctly.
Why is Technical SEO Important?
Technical SEO refers to improve the technical phase of a website to help search engines understand a website perfectly and to increase the rate of crawling. It's not just deal with crawling, but also help a webmaster to improve the user-interface, user-experience, and overall performance of a website. It's why a technical SEO checklist is important.
What are the Benefits of the Advanced Technical SEO Checklist?
If you perform a technical SEO checklist perfectly, you can increase the rate of crawling, user-interface, and search ranking. Some of the most effective benefits are listed below:
- Improve in User-Interface: This process will help you improve the user-interface, user-experience, navigation, and website's loading speed.
- Improve in Crawling Rate: Once you audit all the technical SEO checklist, this process will help you improve the crawl rate of your website or blog.
- Improve in Loading Time: This adult will help to load your web pages faster by optimizing and minifying your assets like JS, images, and HTML files.
- Improve in Organic Traffic: Once you optimize the website's user interface, user-experience, assets, and loading speed will help you increase organic traffic.
List Of Advanced Technical SEO Checklist, Audit, & Factors for 2020
Now, we are going to list the advanced technical SEO checklist, audit, factors, and techniques you can use to enhance the visibility of your web pages in the search engines to boost organic traffic to your blog or website in 2020. Have a look:
- Use SSL: SSL is formally known as Secure Sockets Layer which produces an encrypted connection between a web server and a web browser. You must redirect all of your web pages with HTTPS.
- Make Your Website Responsive: Make all of your web pages responsive to improve the user-experience and user-interface of your website. A responsive website is a primary key for mobile SEO to rank higher in different search engines.
- Improve Loading Time: Most of the search engines are placing quick load web pages at the top of their search results. So, try to make your web pages load quickly. You can make your web pages load faster by optimizing and minifying the asset like images, CSS files, HTML files, JS files, etc.
- Specify a Preferred Domain: Set your domain name to redirect with or without www. By setting your preferred redirection type, you can instruct search engines to crawl your website with or without www.
- Optimize Robots.txt File: Once you setup your preferred domain type, check or create the robotos.txt file to ensure which web page or directory will be crawled by the search engines to index and place in SERPs.
- Create XML Sitemap File: Sitemap is an XML file with a list of all the web pages on your website or blog. It works as a roadmap for search engines on the website. Most of the search engines read the XML sitemap file to check all the web pages of your website. Be sure to list all of your web pages in the XML sitemap file to get indexed by search engines quickly.
- Create 404 Page: Create an attractive 404 page and redirect all dead links and deleted web pages to the 404. This process will help improve your website's user-interface as well as user-experience.
- Use Canonical URL: You can use the canonical URL tag to fix the duplicate content issue on your website or blog. If you are using the same content at different web pages, be sure to add the canonical URL to indicate search engines to crawl your website perfectly.
- Use AMP HTML: Google develops accelerated mobile pages to boost user-interface, user-experience, website's speed as well as organic traffic. You can AMP technology to enhance your organic traffic quickly.
- Use Webmaster Tools: Use Google and Bing webmaster tools for free to monitor and track your website's performance, crawling, and backlinks and to improve them easily. You can also submit an XML sitemap file to the webmaster tool to let the search engines crawl and index all the pages perfectly.
Technical SEO consists of a set of the audit we perform to improve user-interface, user-experience, and crawling rate of a website to rank higher in the search engines without facing any technical issue.
All the checklist, factors and techniques are mandatory to rank higher and to boost organic traffic to your web pages in 2020. You have to perform all the audits perfectly to get better search results from search engines.
If you want information about search engine optimization, we recommend you to read on-page SEO techniques 2020, the off-page SEO techniques 2020, and on-page SEO checklist 2020 to learn all about SEO in detail and will lead you in the process step-by-step.