On-page SEO activities are the activities we do to enhance the visibility of a web page in search engines results pages and to boost organic traffic.
In this article, you will find all the necessary on-page SEO factors, activities, checklist, and techniques to rank your web pages higher in the search engines in 2020.
If you are an SEO or digital marketing beginner, this post will help you learn everything about on-page SEO. I request you to read all the points carefully to understand everything clearly.
Most of the webmasters or business owners just have developed a website, but they don't know how to rank their website in search engines to generate leads from the internet.
If you are an SEO folk, small business owner, or blogger, this article can help you get all the excellent points to optimize the user-interface, user-experience, and web performance.
If you are an SEO beginner, read our similar articles on SEO techniques:
- Best On-Page SEO Factors, Activites and Checklist 2020
- Best Off-Page SEO Techniques and Factors List for 2020
- Best On-Page SEO Techniques, Checklist & Factors List 2020
What is SEO?
SEO is also known as search engine optimization. It's the way to rank your web pages in search engines results pages and to boost organic traffic from search engines.
There are three types of SEO:
- On-Page SEO: Method of optimizing the web performance of a website.
- Off-Page SEO: Method of improving the position of a website in SERP.
- Technical SEO: Method of monitoring, indexing, and crawling a website.
We are going to discuss the on-page SEO factors, activities, and checklist to get a higher response from search engines in 2020.
What is On-Page SEO?
On-page SEO refers to all the factors, activities, and techniques we do to enhance the web performance as well as search ranking of a website.
Why is On-Page SEO Important?
Nowadays, Google is placing responsive, secure, and user-friendly websites higher in their search engine results pages.
It's the reason, on-page SEO has become one of the essential parts of search ranking.
List of Best On-Page SEO Factors and Activities for 2020
Now we are going to discuss the most important on-page SEO factors, activities and checklist to rank higher in search engines.
- Page Title: Use the most important keyword in your web page Title. Try to write an attractive page Title because it's the part of search engine results pages. A more attractive page Title will help you gain more traffic.
- Page URL: Use the most important keyword on the web page URL. Page URL also a part of SERP. Use breadcrumbs schema markup if possible.
- Page Description: Use the most important keyword in the web page Description. The page description is also a part of search engine results pages, so try to write an attractive description to engage more customers.
- Image ALT Tag: Image ALT tag is also one of the most important parts to put the most important keyword. It helps to let the search engines find your images in the image search.
- Schema Markup: Are you aware of schema markup? It's one of the essential parts of on-page SEO. It helps search engines to understand a web page easily. It also helps to enhance search snippets as well as CTR in search engines.
- SSL: SSL is known as a secure sockets layer. According to Google, now, SSL has become the most critical factor for search engine optimization. If you are using WordPress, you can get it free from Cloudflare for free.
- Google AMP: If you are running a custom website, I recommended you to upgrade it into Google's AMP HTML technology. AMP is one of the most reliable ways to enhance your web pages across Google. AMP is designed to build interactive and user first websites. If you are running a blog or publication, AMP can help you boost organic traffic to your web pages in 2020.
- Heading Tags: H1 and H2 tags are the best places to put your keywords in them. Use only one H1 card on a particular web page.
- Paragraphs: Use your primary keywords in the first paragraph. Try to start and end your items with the most important keyword. Try to write small articles.
- Inbound Links: Try to link your related internal pages and use your keyword in the anchor text. Anchor text is also an excellent place to put keywords in them.
- Outbound Link: Give reference or links to high authority web pages; this will help you rank higher in search engines. Never link lower authority web pages; otherwise, you can lose your rankings.
- HTTP Requests: Try to minimize the number of HTTP requests. Combine your CSS and JS files into one. Try to use CSS image separator to call a single image at many places using background-position.
- Web Performance: Web performance is also a major on-page optimization factor. Try to make your web pages user-friendly and fast to load. Use Google AMP to improve the performance of your web pages. You can also use PWA sync with your data in the background.
- Social Share Buttons: If you are running a blog or news website, you must have to use social share buttons to allow your readers to share your pages on social media. If you want, you can use the AddThis social share buttons WordPress plugin.
In this article, I have discussed the most essential on-page SEO factors, activities, and checklist to apply in 2020.
If you use all these on-page SEO factors to your web pages, this will help you rank higher in search engines.
If you want to learn more about search engine optimization, I request to learn our blog posts on on-page SEO techniques and off-page SEO techniques to learn everything about SEO.