Best On-Page SEO Factors, Activities, and Checklists for 2023
Are you searching for the best on-page SEO factors, activities, and checklists you can use in 2023 to improve your website's user-interface, user-experience, and web performance to enhance your website in different search engines?
If yes, you are in the right place. Digital Rain is the best place to learn the best tips to improve user-interface, user-experience, and web performance and boost your organic traffic in 2023.
On-page SEO activities are the activities we perform to enhance the visibility of a web page in search engine results pages and to boost organic traffic. On-page optimization is an essential part of search engine optimization.
In this article, you will find all the necessary on-page SEO factors, activities, checklist, and techniques you can use to rank your web pages higher in the search engines in 2023.
If you are an SEO or digital marketing beginner, this post will help you learn everything about on-page SEO. I request you to read all the points carefully to understand everything clearly. This post will help you boost your web pages in the search engines.
Most of the webmasters or business owners just have developed a website or blog, but they don't know how to rank their website or blog in search engines to generate leads from the internet. Most of the SEO folks depend on on-page SEO; they do work hard but can't get satisfactory results as they work.
Don't Worry! If you are an SEO folk, small business owner, blogger, or digital marketer, this article will help you get all the excellent points to optimize the user-interface, user-experience, and web performance. These points will help you to boost your website or blog in the search engines to get better results from them.
If you need to learn more about search engine optimization, I request you to read our featured articles on the best on-page SEO techniques 2023 and the best off-page SEO techniques 2023.
Table Of Contents
What is SEO?
SEO is also known as search engine optimization. It's the way to rank your web pages in search engine results pages and to boost organic traffic to your blog or website from different search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
There are three types of SEO:
- On-Page SEO: On-page SEO refers to all the techniques, activities, checklists, and factors you can use to enhance the visibility of your web pages in the search engines to boost more organic traffic by doing some operations insight a web page.
- Off-Page SEO: Off-page SEO refers to all the techniques, activities, checklists, and factors you can use to enhance the visibility of your web pages in the search engines to boost more organic traffic by doing some operations outside a web page.
- Technical SEO: Technical SEO deals in browser caching, gzip compression, sitemap building, robots.txt building, web page redirection, URL rewriting, code minification, image optimization, and user interface. Technical SEO is also an essential part of search engine optimization.
What is On-Page SEO?
On-page SEO refers to all the factors, activities, checklists, and techniques we perform to enhance the web performance, user interface, user-experience, as well as search ranking of a website or blog.
On-page is an essential part of search engine optimization deals in the web page title, meta description, heading tags, image optimization, user interface, user experience, and overall performance of a web page.
If you want to rank higher in search engines with less effort, you must have to optimize your web page according to the search engine's need. This process will help you grow your organic traffic quickly within less effort, time, and money.
Why is On-Page SEO Important?
Nowadays, Google is placing responsive, secure, and user-friendly, and fast web pages higher in their search engine results pages. It's the reason, on-page SEO has become one of the essential parts of search ranking.
On-page optimization plays a huge roll in search engine optimization. This process helps you make your web pages user-friendly, and faster. Google enounced to place responsive fast and responsive web pages at the top of their search results. It's why on-page SEO important.
Best On-Page SEO Factors, Activities and Checklists to Use in 2023
Now, we are going to discuss the most important on-page SEO factors, activities, and checklists you can use to rank your web pages higher in the search engines.
- Page Title: Use the most relevant keywords in your web page Title. Try to write an attractive page Title because it's an essential part of search engine optimization. A more attractive page Title will help you gain more traffic. It's a part of the search snippet.
- Page URL: Use the most important keyword on the web page URL. Page URL is also a part of the search snippet. Use breadcrumbs schema markup, if possible, to customize your piece in the search engine results pages.
- Page Description: Use the most important keyword in the web page Description. The page description is also a part of the search snippet, so try to write an attractive description with primary keywords in them to engage more customers.
- Image ALT Tag: Image ALT tag is also one of the essential parts of on-page optimization to put the most important keyword. It helps to let the search engines find your images in the image search. ALT tag also works as a placeholder for images when images can't be load or been removed from the server.
- Schema Markup: Are you aware of schema markup and its impacts on search engines? It's one of the essential parts of on-page SEO. It helps search engines to understand a web page easily. Using schema markup, you can improve the search snippet of your web pages in the search engines.
- SSL: SSL is known as a secure sockets layer. According to Google, now, SSL has become the most critical factor for search engine optimization. If you are using WordPress, you can get it free from Cloudflare for free.
- Google AMP: If you are running a custom website, I recommended you to upgrade it into Google's AMP HTML technology. AMP is one of the most reliable ways to enhance your web pages across Google and other search engines. AMP is designed to build interactive and user first websites. If you are running a blog or publication, AMP can help you boost organic traffic to your web pages in 2023.
- Heading Tags: H1 and H2 tags are the best places to put your keywords in them. Use only one H1 card on a particular web page. Write the finest heading with a primary keyword in them. You can place the title of you web page in the H1 tag to get better results from search engines.
- Paragraphs: Use your primary keywords in the first paragraph. Try to start and end your items with the most important keyword. Try to write small articles. Small articles can help you improve the readability of your content and user-interface of your web page.
- Inbound Links: Try to link your related internal pages and use your keyword in the anchor text. Anchor text is also an excellent place to put keywords in them. Using Inbound links, you can also enable your readers to read similar articles from your website or blog.
- Outbound Links: Give references or links to high authority web pages; outbound links will help you rank higher in search engines. Ever link high authority web pages as reference. Never link lower authority web pages; otherwise, you can lose your search rankings.
- HTTP Requests: Try to minimize the number of HTTP requests. Combine your CSS and JS files into one. Try to use CSS image separator to call a single image at many places using background-position. If you can control the HTTP requests, you can improve the speed of your web pages.
- Web Performance: Web performance is also a major on-page optimization factor. Try to make your web page user-friendly and fast to load. Use Google AMP HTML technology to improve the performance of your web pages. You can also use PWA to sync with your data in the background and to load your web pages in advance.
- Social Share Buttons: If you are running a blog or news website, you must have to place the social share buttons on your website to allow your readers to share your web pages or articles on social media sites. If you want, you can use the AddThis social share buttons or its WordPress plugin.
List of Best On-Page SEO Factors, Activities and Checklists to Use in 2023
Now, we are going to list all the essential and best on-page SEO factors, activities, and checklists you can utilize to enhance the visibility of your web pages in the search engines in 2023. Have a look:
- Page Title
- Page URL
- Page Description
- Image ALT Tag
- Schema Markup
- Google AMP
- Heading Tags
- Inbound Links
- Outbound Links
- HTTP Request
- Web Performance
- Social Share Buttons
- Minify Assets
In this article, I have discussed the essential on-page SEO factors, activities, and checklists you can use to rank higher in search engines and to improve organic traffic to your web pages in 2023.
If you use all these on-page SEO factors to your web pages or blog, this will help you rank higher in search engines with fewer efforts and time. After applying all the points discussed above, you will feel the difference itself.
If you want to learn more about search engine optimization, I request to learn our blog posts on the best on-page SEO techniques 2023 and the best off-page SEO techniques 2023 to learn everything about SEO.