Best On-Page SEO Techniques, Checklist & Factors For 2023
Are you searching for the best on-page SEO techniques, factors, activities, and checklist to improve the performance of your website or blog and to grow organic traffic in 2023? If yes, you are on the right source.
On-Page SEO techniques and on-page SEO factors refer to all the activities we apply to optimize a web page to rank higher in different search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
In this article, you will find a list of the best on-page SEO techniques and on-page SEO checklist, and on-page SEO activities to enhance the visibility of your web pages in top search engines in 2023.
Several website owners just have created a website for their business, but they don't know what is SEO and how to implement it? In this article, we will help you learn everything about on-page SEO.
If you are an SEO beginner or digital marketing trainee, we request you to read our similar articles on on-page SEO activities 2023, and off-page SEO techniques 2023 to get better search results in 2023.
Table Of Contents
What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is a set of techniques used to rank a website or blog on search engine results pages (SERP) organically.
The higher your page rank on the search engine higher will be chances of getting organic traffic on your website or blog.
There are two types of SEO: On-page SEO and Off-page SEO. In today's blog, we will be discussing Best on-page SEO techniques that can be implemented to increase the organic ranking of your web pages in 2023.
What is On-Page SEO?
On-page SEO relates to all the circumstances, activities, checklist, techniques, and tricks we do to improve the web performance as well as search ranking of a web page in search engine results pages.
Why is On-Page SEO Important?
Nowadays, Google is putting responsive, reliable, secure, and user-friendly websites or blogs higher in their search engine results pages. It's the end, on-page SEO has grown into one of the essential parts of search ranking.
What are the Benefits of On-Page SEO?
On-page SEO will help you improve the user-interface, user-experience, web performance and overall performance of a web page. If you can improve UI, UX, and web performance, it will help you boost your web pages in the search engines with a lite effort of off-page SEO.
Best On-Page SEO Techniques, Checklist & Factors to Use in 2023
Now, we are going to explain top on-page SEO techniques, factors, activities, and checklist you can use in 2023. Have a look:
- Meta Title: Each of your web pages and posts should have a unique title, including the main keywords for that specific page.
- Meta Description: Ensure there is a well written, unique, and attractive meta description for every web page. The meta description is a part of the Google search snippet.
- Open Graph Meta Tags: Through Open Graph Meta Tags, we can set how our information will show on social media platforms through third party websites. OG meta tags include - OG title, OG Description, and OG URL.
- Image Optimization: Always uploads your images labelled with the "ALT" tag to let Google categorize the image based on its name. Don't forget to compress the size of your images.
- URL Structure: Ensure that the URL of your web page is user-friendly and SEO based. Use your primary keyword in page URL.
- Social Share Buttons: Always include social share buttons to your website to make the content shareable. Social share buttons can help you increase your website's traffic.
- Google Analytics: Make sure that you have installed Google Analytics to track real-time viewers on your website or blog.
- Webmaster Verification: Ensure that you have validated your website with Google Webmaster to analyze internal and external links and confirm a few thinks robots.txt, sitemap performance analysis, etc.
- 404 Page Optimization: With proper 404 error page design and optimization, believe us, you can increase your conversions and reduce the bounce rate of the website.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages: AMP is one of the on-page SEO factors for any website. You can only get in the top results of the search engine if your web page is built-in AMP HTML.
- Keyword Optimization: Make sure there is a minimum presence of your focussed keywords in your content to avoid keyword stuffing. Content-Length Ensure that the length of your content is long enough that it is readable to the audience.
- Heading Tags: Always categorize your title or subtitles under heading tags H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6. Heading tags are the best places to put keywords in them.
- Schema Markup: Scheme markup is simply a code put on your website to help search engines deliver informative results to users. Applying Schema markup is not so hard. Here is an example resource to create your schema markup.
- HTTP Request: When a browser visits the page of your website, the server of your website heeds the HTTP request and returns the file contained on the page to the user. Lower the HTTP request better is the user experience.
- SSL: SSL is a symbol of authentication and security; this lets your users know who you are, and any data that might be collected will be kept secure.
- Domain Name and Web Hosting: The domain of your website should be SEO friendly, relevant to your business, and shorter in length. The hosting provider of your website should be live 24/7. Avoid shared web hosting as this is cheap, but it's not good from SEO perspectives.
- Page Speed: Page speed is the measurement of your website's performance and load time. It's from 0 to 100, 0 the low performance, and 100 is the best performing site.
- User Interface/ User Experience: In this SEO world, the presentation of content on your web page is the responsibility of UI designer, starting from the alignment of elements to its interactivity as it relates to the user experience.
List of Top On-Page SEO Techniques, Checklist & Factors to Use in 2023
Now, we are going to list top on-page SEO techniques, factors, activities, and checklist you can use in 2023. Have a look:
- Web Page Meta Title
- Web Page Meta Description
- Open Graph Meta Tags
- Image Optimization
- Web Page URL Structure
- Use Social Share Buttons
- Use Google Analytics
- Webmaster Verification
- 404 Page Optimization
- Use Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Keyword Optimization
- Optimize Heading Tags
- Include Schema Markup
- Control HTTP Request
- Use SSL
- Domain Name and Web Hosting
- Optimize Page Speed
- Optimize User Interface and Experience
In this article, I have discussed all essential on-page SEO techniques, checklists, factors, and activities to rank your web pages in the search engines in 2023.
I hope you have learned many things from these on-page SEO techniques. I am sure if you are going to implement these into your website or blog, then definitely your website's ranking will improve.
If you need to learn more about search engine optimization techniques, I request to see our new blog posts on on-page SEO activities 2023 and off-page SEO techniques 2023 to know everything about on-page and off-page SEO.